Second, Central New Jersey meetings are held the first Wednesday of every other month, from 5:30 - 7:30. Most meetings are held at Rutgers, usually in the CoRe building, with an occasional meeting at an alternate location (last year we had a few meetings at Princeton University). Thank you to our local colleges for supplying the meeting locations!
- 5:30 - 6:00 catch up with our colleagues and eating pizza - 6:00 - 7:00 presentation, update on CS ed in New Jersey, announcements & shout outs - 7:00 - 7:30 questions and more socialization
Again, looking forward to seeing/meeting you in December,
Central Jersey chapters meetings will be held 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at Rutgers on Wednesdays of every other month.
October 3rd -Making CS Interdisciplinary
December 5th - Teaching Cybersecurity
February 6th - CS Classroom Management
June 5th TBA
CSTA NJ-Central Chapter Leadership 2017-18:
- Claudette Guy, Princeton High School, Princeton, NJ
- Dara Kirschenbaum-Perry, Jackson Memorial High School, Jackson, NJ
- Suzanne Signorelli, Toms River High School East/North
- Carolyn Segreto, Brick Township High School, Bri
- Adam Michlin, Golda Och Academy, West Orange, NJ
- Dan Leyzberg, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Sejong Yoon, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ
- Roseanna Misuraca, Edgar Middle School, Metuchen, NJ
CSTA Chapter Representative
- Fran Trees, Rutgers University
October @ Central
Toms River Teachers present TR:Tech Ready
October Shout Out
Daryl Detrick Presented The GOOD NEWS
Governor Murphy announced Computer Science for All initiatives today at Steinert High School, Hamilton Township NJ.
-Grants for up to 45 high schools to add CS, totally $2 million
-new STEM office at NJDOE that will include CS education
-Forming of Computer Science Advisory Committee to make suggestions on standards and state CS action plan
-Governor Murphy is joining the national bipartician organization GovernorsForCS
Thank you to Governor Murphy, his staff and NJDOE.
Computer Science Education.
Good for our students.
Good for our state.